[Dailydrool] Shelter challenge, BaRCSE, a couple of thoughts.

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 10:08:26 PDT 2011

Wow are we just barely barely hanging on to a fraction of a lead in this Shelter Challenge. It's super important everyone vote.

A couple of thoughts on the challenge: I can't discern a pattern in terms of what the site defines as a "day". Sometimes I am able to vote once and then the site tells me you've already voted today if I visit it again in a 24 hour period, but other times it will let me vote as many as three times in one day. Interesting. With this kind of reinforcement schedule, my behavior naturally is checking into the site on and off all day. I wonder if this is deliberate. lol. Intermittent reinforcement is the most powerul kind after all (remember Psych. 101) and this is an advertising site, after all. Maybe the site wants us to keep on checkin' in?

And speaking of advertising, on the confirmation page at the left, everyone notice that picture of a basset hound in a wheelchair? Nigel, take notice.

Finally, I see that there is a $2000 prize for "the most heartwarming story". So, I was thinking, who are our BaRCSE dogs? Nobody can write a heartwarming story like Dawn of the West, Bev, or Debbie. Dawn, I bet you could garner that price for Daphneyland, or if Bev or Debbie teamed up with a BaRCSE slave, I bet a story to benefit BaRCSE could be forged and be a winner.

It's easy to vote, even for the computer challenged like myself. Every day I type Shelter Challenge into my web search. A list pops up, the first entry of which is the voting page. I click on that and I'm there. Then I click on the vote button, etc. etc. Let's all pool our drool and pull this off. Semper fido. Val