[Dailydrool] Last Will and Testament and Harry

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 06:52:35 PDT 2011

I just got done reading the post “The Last Will and Testament of and Extremely Distinguished Dog” and wow.  It really hit home!  Not just for the memories it evoked of my most distinguished “mayor” Harry, but for it’s message.  You see, for many years now, I have said, “After Harry goes to the bridge, I could never have another Basset.  No one will be like him.”  I knew that I would not be a home without a dog for long, but I was sure it could not be a Basset.  And then......not only do I know in my heart it HAS to be a Basset, but now I’m even thinking, gulp, it should be a buppy.  I SWORE I would never, ever, ever, never do the puppy thing again, but the more I remember about sharing an entire lifetime with my boy, the more I come to think it is what should be.  But I also love love love the seniors, so maybe a “bookend” pair will be the ticket?  : )

I am still healing and I know the time will come, but until then, it is a comforting thought to know that my Harry wants nothing more then for me to continue on and love another.  No one will ever be my heart dog like that boy, but I know I still have love to give and someday, when the time is right, we will once again share our home with a stubborn, slobbery, goofy, lovable Basset Hound.  And all will be right with the world once more.

Laura and Harry ATB and currently in the sun laughing at our most recent snowstorm