[Dailydrool] serene morning

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 15:10:20 PDT 2011

I sent this missive this morning, but it did not show up on the list...  I got no rejection note, so hopefully, it will go through this time.Pierre jr. is always first to wake me in the AM.  He comes to me from his pile of pillows (4 human type, where it is usually JP's spot in the bed by day, but as alpha, JP feels he needs to guard the hall at night - an he has a nice dog bed there), and he first rubs his head on me to rouse me.  I start petting him, and thump, thump, thump, the tail is going strong.  Shockingly, for the last two mornings he has suddenly wanted to lick my face.  He is getting my chin, and he is a rather good kisser.  I had been trying for a while to get him to do this, but gave up when it provoked him to try to steal my nose, so I figured when he wants, he may or may not start.  He watches JP every morning after first outs smother me in kisses.  Morning kisses are very important to Jean Paul, and I would prefer to start my day after first outs, but snuggies with the hounds are very important too.  Today, after kisses, JP and I shared my pillow, and he was lounging on my fleece blanket.  I would not dare disturb him, and since the little radiator, Nikki, curled into my belly, I was not that cold.  I have not slept under the covers since 2003, when the hound population was then Pumpkin, Jean Paul and Pierre Sr.  Pumpkin never slept in human beds her first or second year, but Jean Paul did from day one, and he was a kisser from day one.  Back then, I had a crappy twin bed, but by the time Pierre Sr. joined us, I upgraded to a queen. Jean Paul was 80 pounds, Pumpkin, who decided to join the bed crowd when Pierre came was 60 pounds, and squirmy Pierre sr. kept growing and growing and growing.  It was far easier to just sleep on top of the sheets, and use a loose fleece blanket.  Back to this morning.  JP snored gently as he blew warm breath across my cheek.  Pierre was back in this pile of pillows, and Nikki tossed and turned until I covered her with her own little blanket.  I reflected on the loveliness of the moment, while knowing I should go clean something, but then I dozed back to sleep into a weird dream about Mom and crazy people (and a monkey).  Nikki announced wake up a little later on, Max and Jelly stopped by, Nigel was already downstairs, Colette and Pumpkin were with my sister.  And now the day was official started.Healing drool to all in needJackie and the herdCongratulations Nigel on your wheels!!!!!!  Way to go!!!!