[Dailydrool] Our Lucy & Rage syndrome

RAY WERTZ johannamrstreez at verizon.net
Sun Oct 30 13:40:53 PDT 2011

Dogs that cann't be fixed..and our Lucy...and Rage syndrome
Thanks Debbie..
I know I talked to you Debbie about our Lucy a bassador
We got her from a basset rescue when she was about 1.5 yrs
She seemed some what hyper
and later started to have seizures...
Somehow connnected to these seizures was an increas in violent behavior..
It would come out of the blue..and her face would suddenly look very different she would kinda cock her head
open her mouth really wide & bite whoever was near her...
she bit a stranger, my dh & finally she bit me very hard (in the hand) & wouldn't let go
it was terribly scarey & after she would have no idea of what she did
we were working with a very good & understanding v et..Lucy always had to wear a muzzle when she went to the vet..we always worried about her biting, esp. a child
I tried everything for 5 yrs & after she bit me I realize we couldn't save her...and her life was getting more
& more limited..and we decided to have her euthanized...
It was one of the hardest decisions I ever made...she fully met the descripion of RAGE SYNDROME..
We miss her so much & have been some what weary of rescuing a new dog..but we have fostered...
we believe we did the kindest thing we could do for her..that was back in August & I still get teary-eyed..

Thank you for sharing,
Johanna