[Dailydrool] Rage syndrome

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 20:46:10 PDT 2011

I have been reading these posts with interest. I have not known any dogs with rage syndrome. I must say, though, all the descriptions that have been given on the Drool sound like a seizure disorder caused by a brain lesion to me, possibly in the temporal area of the brain or maybe the amygdala. (If these symptoms were observed in a person--first the aura /glazed look, then the out of control behavior sequence/rage, then the unawareness anything out of the ordinary had taken place--this would be the rule-out). I seem to recall that scientists could produce behavior like this by destroying a certain part of a rat's brain. (Probably all this is on the Internet somewhere). Anyway, if I am correct, this doesn't sound like a fixable problem.