[Dailydrool] BRoPS Howl O Ween

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 11:04:21 PDT 2011

Blue faced SMIRFS, Little Bo Peep and Lambs (and Nugget was the Black
Sheep of the Group...sooooo cute!),

Milo was a Winner as a Banana Split!!!, Bumble Bees, Turtles,Squirrel (with
 Nuts in his Paws clutched to his chest! Way funny......Lots and Lots of
fantastic costumes...but Oh...get this one!

HOMER won..as a CHIPPENDALE DANCER...hilarious...black thong with diamonds
that said something provocative in French! Homer is so cute he could win
going  bare naked...but the black bow tie and the matching THONG!   Hilarious!

Basset Hounds are so much fun to watch anyway but this year everyone really
 outdid themselves! Hooray!

Diane Kauffman won the beautiful quilt that Ellie Wright made!

The two babies (Cousins!)  Dash and Max came dressed in BASSET  HOUND SUITS
! Am hoping we will get some photos up on our web site soon so  you can see!

 The most wonderful thing happened too. The young dog "Alex" we  drove to
Pasco for happily chose his new Guardians!!!  They THOUGHT  that they were
just coming to watch to be cheered up after the loss of their  beloved
Dexter...to see  the field of Bassets sniffing and playing  together..to show their
friends our pawty (they had just lost their  Beautiful Boy"Dexter" to a
tumor on his spine at only 4 1/2 yr.)

 "Alex" RAN to them and greeted them all at the fence line....and  later
when they thought they were leaving...Sharon said you HAVE to see Alex....
and  it was love at first sight (from before actually!!!).  They had  already
fallen for him at first sight when he ran right up to them as they were
walking in)

A rainy cold day with huge maple leaves falling in the cold wind all
around...wet wet grass...but still it was really in truly such a wonderful time.
For the love of Bassets.

We were sad to miss seeing quite a few regulars of our  Basset Community
and hope they can come to Basset Fun Day next June!   Sorry it was not
advertised earlier! We will be sure and get the news out sooner  here at the DD and
in Riche Churchill's BUGLER!!!!

Happy Howl O Ween!!!!
Love frum Hudson and Henry (who will be walking the neighborhood tonight
as  2 Fiesta Guys giving away Hot Tamale candies and dog cookies to our
neighbors!