[Dailydrool] Ramp Issues

Patti Merlo belleheidi at msn.com
Mon Oct 17 03:29:39 PDT 2011

Nicole,
I may have missed some of the first suggestions so not sure if anyone made
this one.  If possible can you lay the ramp flat on the ground and have him
walk on it that way first, of course with tons of treats along the way.
Since his eyesight is deteriorated maybe this would get him used to the feel
of the ramp on 'safer' ground first.  It may be a long process but might
work.  If you have someone to help you how about a spoonful of peanut butter
for him to enjoy as he is climbing the ramp. Might distract him enough that
he won't realize what he is doing, but I would make sure there is someone on
each side of the ramp for his safety.
Hope this helps,
Patti
Owned by Heidi (11-1/2 yrs) & Abigail (10 mos.)
Belle (ATB)