[Dailydrool] Thank you

Karen M. sparks_red at att.net
Mon Oct 17 13:24:30 PDT 2011

I want to thank everyone who responded to my questions about Bazzle.
I want to assure you that we will not be using alpha rolls.
I have thought long and hard about the triggers and came up with two.   I believe
one is jealousy.  I think it is not just jealousy of me but jealousy over the space he
believes is his, which is the whole house.  I also know there were some issues with
his first family where two bigger male dogs were picking on him so I am sure that
probably is some of the baggage that he carries that is part of the issues we are having.
I have always know that Bazzle does not like dogs bigger than him (especially males)
except for Ruby Doo but even now that is changing.
I did talk to the behavioral trainer I have worked with in the past who suggested that
Bazzle does go back to the basics and agrees with my leashing him to me.  So far we
have been two days without any incidences just a few growls that I could quickly stop
from escalating.   Once we have the basics down we are going to do some training one
on one sessions that will eventually lead to introductions with bigger dogs in a class.
So thank you all for your suggestions as well as your input on the alpha rolls.  We have
a long road ahead of us but I have hope and faith that we will get there.
Karen and The Dog House Gang
(Mom me like dis leashy to ya.  Me go where you go, ebben to da potty dat off da limits to we.)