[Dailydrool] Rage

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:32:09 PDT 2011

You can read about rage syndrome on the internet.  Until you have
experienced it firsthand, you might not understand how dangerous it can
be.  My basset niece Willow had rage syndrome.  Her eyes would glaze over
and then she would attack.  We used to crate her as fast as we could.
Afterwards, she seemed not to understand how happened.  Often times she
would just start wagging her tail and whining because she was crated.  In
the beginning, Grace and Lady were Willow's victims.  Shortly after
Willow's second birthday, these episodes got even more dangerous.  She was
now trying to attack anything during these episodes including people.
There were a few times that Willow was just a few inches away from sinking
her teeth into my face.  My sister made the heartbreaking decision to
release Willow from her demons.

One caution though - before tagging a dog having "rage syndrome" other
behavioral triggers are ruled out.

Jan
Lady & Dexter