[Dailydrool] Rage

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sun Oct 30 15:39:52 PDT 2011

I don't know for sure if this is relates to the dogs who suddenly change and
attack in a rage, but think it probably does.  My sister has always loved
Dalmatians, and quite a few years ago, when her kids were all still
elementary school age, she got one.  It was a very nice dog, but by the time
it was about 5 years old it was behaving very strangely, and getting worse.
It was like it would see things that were not there sometimes, and hide
under the bed trembling in fear for days, and it would bite anyone who tried
to get it out from under the bed or who got too close to it.  Their Vet told
them that Schizophrenia is common in Dalmatians and that was what their dog
had, and it would continue to get worse.  Long story short, they had to put
it to sleep at around 7 years old, the poor dog was miserable from seeing
demons and it was also extremely unpredictable.

If Dalmatians are known to get Schizophrenia, then Fergus and Penny and all
the others that suddenly get a strange look and go crazy probably have some
kind of mental illness, too.  My guess is those of you who have dealt with
this did your best and were defeated by an illness we do not know how to
fix.  You always have options...but sometimes there are no good
options...and you simply do the best you can.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net