[Dailydrool] Graying faces & Tybee update

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:13:39 PDT 2011

We've noticed lately that Suzy, who turned four in April, is losing the
color in her eyebrows. The rest of her face hasn't faded but she now has
white eyebrows where she used to have brown. Jersey's face has faded so much
from when she first came to us five years ago. She was supposed to be
between four and six when we adopted her so we chose four and said she
turned nine this year. I feel a little panicked when I think that she could
actually be eleven so we'll keep her age at nine. Suzy is the only Houndette
who we know her real birth date. There was something on Shadow's paperwork
from the shelter that we picked she and her brother up from to make us think
that she was born in March of 2006 so we've kept March as her birth
date. Her coloring hasn't faded at all and neither has Ginger's who we
think will turn five this December.

Foster bup Ty is doing very well. I have actually started backing off of his
pain meds at this point. He has learned to get around very well on three
legs but has started to put some pressure on his broken leg here and there.
More for balance than to actually walk on it. Keeping him from jumping and
bouncing around has been a real challenge but he's being a pretty good boy
for the most part. One of our recliners now has a chewed through handle and
the DVD case has a chewed off corner but he has (mostly) chewed on his toys
and chewies that I've given him. Ty has decided that he needs to be a lap
dog and insists on coming up onto my lap every evening for a while. He's
really too big to get comfortable in my lap but we snuggle like this for a
while every evening. This bup is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever
met. I'll be very happy when he finds his forever family who will love him
as much as we do.

Wishing all of you a good holiday this weekend. My NY kids and granddaughter
will be here so we will be having a terrific weekend. Drool and prayers to
all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
& foster bup, Ty