[Dailydrool] Illinois Bash & Waddle

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:58:47 PDT 2011

In two weeks, the town of Dwight, Illinois will be bassetized.  The Illniois
Bash & Waddle is scheduled for September 17 and 18 and will be held at the
GABR Park.

The Bash on Saturday will be off-leash event.  Part of Saturday's activities
will be the 2nd Annual Basset Races.  Imagine 8 bassets with racing silks
racing down the field - okay waddling down; some stopping to sniff - you get
the picture.  It's a blast just to watch!  Of course there will be a few
games scheduled on Saturday for those non-racing hounds.  Saturday's
festivities conclude with the crowning of the Queen and King of the Waddle;
followed by the Memorial Service.

On Sunday morning the costume and wagon contests are scheduled.  I love
seeing how creative basset slaves get with the costumes and wagons.  Around
noon is the Waddle Parade with hundreds of hounds waddling down the streets
of Dwight.  No worries - there will be a pooped pup wagon available to give
the basset and their slaves a lift back to the GABR Park.  After the Waddle
is the Corvette raffle drawing.  Raffle tickets are still available either
through GABR or other participating basset rescues.

Vendors will be there both days selling basset-related merchandise.  The
Slobber Shoppe will be there.  I heard the Slobber Shoppe has lots and lots
of new basset merchandise (aka basset crap).  Ears-to-You will be there
selling basset hats and bandanas.  My advice - bring money and a credit
cards.

If you want to add to your basset family, adoptions will be held both days.
We do ask that you get pre-approved prior to the Waddle weekend.  Feel free
to stop by the Adoption Tent either day to say "Hi" to Dexter and me.
Dexter will be an unofficial canine volunteer that weekend.

 Registration is required.  You can register at www.bassetrescue.org  One
registration fee covers your entire family.  Your registration will include
a 2012 GABR Calendar.  [My basset nephew Boomer is one of the calendar
boys.]

Jan
Lady (I'm staying home; bring me a present) and Dexter (what do you mean I'm
volunteering?)