[Dailydrool] Bed Sores

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:52:36 PDT 2011

*Does anyone have a sure fire treatment for a bed sore. I have a 15 year
> old fur baby that has arthritis in her right rear hip. She lays on this side
> constantly and has developed a bed sore in this area. She absolutely freaks
> out when we have to go to the vet. Last time she turned feral and I thought
> she was going to have a heart attack she got so worked up. My vet won?t
> prescribe any medication unless I bring her in?.well, that?s out of the
> question. He did say wash the wound several times a day with mild soap and
> water and when dry apply Neosporin to the area?.and finished it off with
> ?Good Luck?. Surely my droolers out there have a solution other than ?Good
> Luck?. All treatments will be appreciated.*
>
> * *
>
> *Susan & critters*

Susan,

You might try Vetericin Wound Spray. I used it on a husky's puncture wound and now you cannot tell it was ever there. I swear by this stuff. It cleans and protects wounds. They also make eye gel and ear gel. You can use it on horses, dogs, cats, etc. It is a bit expensive but well worth the price and it is cheaper than a vet visit. You an order it online or get it from a farm supply or pet supply store. Also, a memory foam or other orthopedic mattress that takes pressure off would help.
Let us know how she does!

Brenda and The Thundering Herd