[Dailydrool] 3:30 AM

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 3 09:28:03 PDT 2011

Hi all, sleepy momPerson here,

Well, I think I mentioned that Cyrus sleeps with my husband and I and Snoopy
slept with Natalie.  Because Cyrus had made it clear that the one place Snoopy
was NOT going was the big bed.  Well, over the months we've been loosening up on
that during the day at least and well .... Wednesday night at 3:30 AM Snoopy
woke me up.  "Hi momPerson, Cyrus isn't here, can I get up in the big bed?"
 Cyrus wasn't there .... I thought maybe he was in bed with Julianne so I pushed
the ottoman over next to the bed and Snoopy hauled himself up and curled up and
that's when Cyrus came in from going potty and jumped back up on the bed.
 Snarl!!  Double SNARL!!!    GRRRRRRRR while pulling back from great big Cyrus.
 NO NO NO NO NO from me.  Well by now the whole house was awake and everyone
blamed ME and neither dog would back down and Snoopy wouldn't let me boost him
down either so I did what any self respecting momPerson would do .... I ran for
the kitchen and rattled the cookie jar.  Yup .... one Snoopy charging down the
hall.  He got his cookie and we moved the ottoman and things were back as they
should be at our house.

Until Friday night (last night).  I went to bed early.  I forgot to move the
ottoman (they are fine on the bed together during the day).  Cyrus came and got
in bed with me.  About an hour later I heard some noise and woke to find Snoopy
tentatively hauling himself up.  Cyrus looked over ... not a sound.  I said what
any self respecting momPerson would say ... "good boys ... those are my good
boys, look at my good boys, oh what GOOD boys" and we three settled in to sleep.
  Some time later my husband wanted to go to bed ..... "um ... Dale ... they're
BOTH on my side of the bed."  Well, deal with it honey, give them a cookie to
move so he did and they did and he went to sleep and I woke up again at 3:30 in
the morning and Cyrus was sleeping on his back like he always does and he was
wrapped in a half circle around Snoopy who had his head on Cyrus belly and it
was just the sweetest thing in the whole world and I just watched them sleep for
a long time before I drifted back off.  So I'm sleepy this morning but I'm
happy.  My boys love each other.

--Dale with Snoopy (duh, of COURSE we love each other) and Cyrus (he snores
louder than dadPerson, can we get him a C-pap machine too?)