[Dailydrool] Ninja the odd

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 07:59:54 PDT 2011

Last night we had a very odd experience with Ninja.  We came home and got
out of the truck as a lady with two dogs came walking by our house.  The DH
went into the house while I stayed outside to talk to the lady and pet her
dogs a little.  She walks by about once a day and has the fattest golden I
have ever seen.  It has had its back knees replaced or something like that.
Anyway, the frond door was open and there were three little bassets
bellowing and watching me pet this dog.  Maggie was doing most of the
bellowing.  I came in after a bit and Ninja went nuts.  I guess she thought
I had been unfaithful by petting another dog.  For the next 2 hours she
whined, squeaked, and moaned Nothing made her happy.  Finally the DH took
her out front on a leash to show her that the dogs were gone.  She sniffed
every blade of grass and every inch of the sidewalk before coming in.  She
was still unhappy.

Ninja then went into the hall and started doing these moany howls really
loud.  I thought I was going to have to take her to the emergency vet or
something.  She wouldn't come near me so I guess it was me she was upset
with.  I have never seen her do anything like this.  After about three hours
she finally calmed down and stoped whining.  Then she slept on the DH's legs
all night not touching me.  Usually she has to be touching both of us.  This
morning she is sleeping by my side and seems to be back to normal.  I don't
pet that many other dogs but this seems like a great overexageration.  She
is worn out from her ordeal.  Never have we had such a possessive basset.
Maybe I should feel honored.

Drool to all in need.  Have a great weekend.  Ninja, Marley, Maggie and
Shelby with the mom