[Dailydrool] Pete is 2 today

gcbassets gcbassets at homenetnw.net
Mon Sep 5 08:24:11 PDT 2011

Our boy Pete is 2 today,  we adopted him from Aunt Pat at Washington
Basset Rescue in January of 2009 when he was 4 months old and just neutered.
What a handful he has been, we have never adopted a "puppy" before, at
least one this young.
It has been a learning and fun experience, as any of you know that have
had puppers,
We must be in the thousands of dollars of replaced or ruined items, but
it has been a hoot at the same time.
He is the first basset that has actually slept with us, the hubby
claimed it was so we could keep an eye on him through house training,and
he has slept with us ever since,
I do hope the UPS guys bring his big boy brains sometime soon, although
he is less destructive than he was this time last year!! knock on wood,
as he grabs my shoe and runs off with it as I type this!!
Treats for all in honor of Peterbilt Boy.
and thank you Aunt Pat for trusting us with our boy, he has helped heal
our hearts after losing 3 of our kids in 8 months in 2009.
Ahrooo's,
Tammara,
momma to Harley D, Pete and Little Lady
Murphy,Pw.Freckles,Doozer,Douglas, ATB,always in my heart.