[Dailydrool] Question about dog food for pancreatitis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Mon Sep 5 10:27:37 PDT 2011

Our vet has suggested Royal Canin and Pixel has been eating the canned food
with fat free chicken broth poured over it with some skinless breast of
chicken and cooked carrots.  She did not like the dry Royal Canin.  Someone
had suggested Senior California Natural brown rice and chicken but I notice
that although the fat content says minimum 8%, there is no maximum stated.
 The same with Royal Canin which says "minimum 6% fat".  I cannot find out
the maximum values for either of these foods?  I have been researching on
the internet to no avail.

Pixel is doing terrifically but we don't want to keep her on canned food
forever.   This is not to start a food war but to get advice from anyone who
knows the maximum protein values of one or another of these foods or any
other food for that matter.  We like to have her on a holistic/organic food
as we are firm believers in the purest of products.

Thanks for any advice anyone may have.  Unfortunately, vets (as wonderful as
ours is) have very little clue about dog foods and we definitely do not want
Science Diet.

Sally