[Dailydrool] Naming dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 10:44:01 PDT 2011

Because all my dogs arrived as puppies, I have named them all. I do the
registered names and John often does the call names on the Bassets. I have
never re-named a dog but would not hesitate to do so if it arrived in my
home as my dog with a name I didn't like or felt was unsuited. I don't care
how old the dog is, I think they are almost all smart enough to figure out
pretty quickly that when you look and them and call "Here Xcsyothep!" and
wave a biscuit, that's his name now. It may take a week, but all but very
few dogs are sharp enough to manage.
I love naming new puppies.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper