[Dailydrool] Dog den

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Tue Sep 6 00:48:11 PDT 2011

I need your advice.

We've recently moved into a new house the layout and locality of which was selected with no small consideration to the needs of the HRH 'the hounds'.  You know the score.

The hounds reside in what would in any normal household be the dining room.  We have a little boy - who is small, unpredictable and loud enough to unsettle Alfie on occasion - and as the hounds are home-alone one day a week, I figured they needed somewhere relatively spacious where they could also retreat from family-life.

But now every time I pass that room I wonder whether it could have a dual purpose as an office.  I work from home most of the week so we could all hang out together.  Seems an awful waste with only two dog beds in there!

But would that be encroaching on what was originally designated 'time out' space for them?

Any thoughts/advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks from the soggy UK

Hilary, Alfie (still grumpy) and Millie (still naughty)