[Dailydrool] Life Jacket Question

Barbara Slater saharawest at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:57:46 PDT 2011

I'm reorganizing Allie's Disaster Kit and with all the recent flooding,
 I thought I might include a life jacket for her since . . . you know
. . . she's a lead-weighted Basset Hound who doesn't swim.  If we
ever got in the predicament where I would have to trudge her
through water, it might be a little less stressful if she had a little
extra bouncy.

So like a good Mommy, I hit the internet . . . but the sizes
are so "round about".  Allie is 48lbs, her lovely little barrel
chest is about 25" around and she is about 19" from shoulder to
ham hocks/rumpola/butt.  According to the size charts, she
could be a medium (22-29" 20-50lbs) or a large (26-35" 40-70lbs).

I would really appreciate any suggestions if someone has been
able to figured out which size is most relative to the Basset Hound
physique.

We sling foaming drool to all in need & hope everyone's Labor Day
was as lovely as ours was.

Thanks, Barb (who doesn't really have my own Emergency Kit.
It will be me, Allie & all of Allie's things against nature) - Allie
(Don't forget my snacks & my travel fans) - Frances ATB & Frazier
ATB (Hey, isn't some of that stuff ours?)