[Dailydrool] We LOVE Our Dog Park!

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Mon Sep 5 20:13:16 PDT 2011

We are truly blessed here in Oakland County Michigan to have THREE dog parks
all run by the county parks system. By far, the best of the three is the one
in Lake Orion. It has 24 fenced acres divided into 6 sections. Three each
for large and small dogs. The sections are rotated on a monthly basis so
that each section has time to recover (grow new grass) between times. All of
August we were in Section "A". The small dogs were in small dog section "A".
 The month of September we will be in "C" all month long. Two of the
sections have open fields and wooded trails! Just beautiful and the dogs
LOVE it!! There is also an off lead fenced trail that leads from the parking
lot to a dogs only swimming area on a lake. It has a long dock with floating
ramps attached for the dogs to climb back up on. While not real popular with
the bassets, the retrievers and their owners absolutely adore it and use it
all summer long.  There is drinking water available for the dogs and modern
toilets for the two leggers.

We used one section of the park for this year's Waddle Picnic and we will be
returning there on May 19th 2012 for the next one. We are also having a
Hound Dog Howloween Hoedown at this park on October 22nd, sponsored by MBR.
It's a fundraiser or us and guaranteed to be a Blast! Come join us and check
out this magnificent park!

Our furkids INSIST on going at every opportunity. We have made some great
friends there, found new rescue volunteers there and adopted  a few rescued
bassets out to fellow park goers there. It's a great place to network and
extremely rescue friendly. Seems nearly everyone we meet there has adopted
their dog, weather a mixed breed or purebred from a shelter or rescue group.
Many stories , lots of advice and love to share at our park!!

Melissa and Jo
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Basset Hounds
www.michiganbassetrescue.org