[Dailydrool] Dog names and dog parks

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:13:53 PDT 2011

I, too, would never hesitate to rename a dog once I adopted him/her.   We
didn't know what Noah's name was, or Truman's, since they were strays. We
did know Heidi's name and decided that it fit her strong presence and kept
it. We did rename Deohgee, or was formerly called R2D2.  Our new Beagle, the
challenging but cute Data, was also a stray who stayed.

We only have 2 dog parks in our area, so we rarely go.  I'm not sure if the
beastly Data would work out at a dog park, since he acts so ferocious around
other dogs-so far.  The last time I let Roland off leash on the beach, he
ran away, only to be found 15 minutes later where I had lost him.  Letting
Data go off leash on the beach would be asking for trouble.  I don't think
he would wander too far, but I have no interest in conducting another 2 hour
search as we did the last time he escaped from the yard at Heidi's Beach
House.  He only went about 1/2 block to the beach and we finally learned of
his whereabouts 3 hours later, from the neighbor who found him exhausted in
her backyard.

Lastly, Roland continues to improve.  Having lost Stella about 15 months ago
to spinal injury, I'm so relieved that his spine looks ok.

Janice

--
Janice Henry Colvin