[Dailydrool] Thank you from Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 6 16:20:08 PDT 2011

Hi All, Snoopy here,

Bev saved me.  Again.  I was in big trouble.  Again.  WAY BIG TROUBLE.  I was
marooned.  On the table.  On the patio.  The patio is made of cement.  momPerson
was able to get me down using Bev's pattened "Basset Lift."  It's not the first
time my life has been saved with the basset lift.  Remember the time I got lost
and momPerson was able to get me into the car with the basset lift?  I really
doubt it will be the last time it saves me either.  So THANK YOU BEV for
teaching all the momPeople and dadPersons the basset lift ... and all you
newbies should search the archives and find it and read it and study it and
memorize it so you can one day save your basset too.  Wanna know what happened
this time?

I scored.

You see, it was labor day and so my family made a barbeque with hamburgers and
hot dogs and their famour top secret potato salad and garden fresh tomatos and
cucumbers and peppers and oh! it all smelled SO GOOD and Cyrus and I were on the
patio on the rug and they all ate and ate and ate and ate.  And then everyone
got up and cleared the table.  They took everything ... all the plates, the
potato salad and the veggies and the salt and the pepper and the condiments and
even the napkins.  Everyone's hands were full and they took everything ...
except .... the serving plate with the meat left on it.  Somehow (THANK YOU
DOG!!!) they all walked off with the table completely cleared except the meat
plate which they all left when they went inside.  So ... I levitated up on top
of the table and ate the extra hot dogs and hamburger ... and then I was stuck
because I can levitate up ... but not down.

Fortunately momPerson realized when she was rattling dishes in the kitchen and I
was conspicuously absent.  She came running out the door and found me on the
table and basset lifted me down.  She was so relieved that I didn't try to jump
down and hurt myself that she didn't even get upset about the meat.

THANK YOU BEV.  Big hugs.

More later from Snoopy