[Dailydrool] purple basset

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 6 17:04:25 PDT 2011

Hi all, momPerson here,

I just don't know what has gotten into Snoopy lately.  He's been quite a
handful.  I see where he already posted about his adventure with our BBQ ....
how in the world does a huge 72 lb basset get up on a dining table when he can't
even make it up on a bed w/o an ottoman??  I have no idea but there he was ....
and the meat was gone, long gone, but at least he didn't jump down and hurt
himself.   And that is just the beginning .....

He has a purple streak on his tail, another on his right front foot and a third
on his rump.  I painted Julianne's room.  Blue.  With purple trim.  And I have
no idea how he managed to paint himself because he was shut out until the paint
was dry.  But he's painted alright.  Probably the same trick he uses to get up
on the table (teleporting?).  No clue but there it is!

And that's not all about the painting.  Let me explain.  Our house was built
more than 50 years ago.  The closets are really more of built in wardrobes with
large swinging doors for hanging stuff, drawers underneath for shoes and then
smaller swinging doors into a small cabinet up by the ceiling for storing out of
season stuff.  Anyway, all of that has to be disassembled to be painted.  Which
I did.  And then I remounted the hardware ... well ... Julianne did some of it
... she IS 14 years old now after all and she is expected to help.  Well, she
wasn't helping while I was trying to hang the smaller doors way up high when the
door slipped out of my grasp and landed square on top of my skull.  OUCH!!!  And
I turned to look and Julianne was laying on her bed playing with her lap top ...
and I just lost it.  Started yelling about me busting my butt to do things for
her while she lazes around and .... enter Snoopy.  At a GALLOP!!  First he
engaged Cyrus in some wrestling .... you just TRY being mad while watching a dog
who is 16 inches high try to wrestle with a GIANT lab.  Well, Cyrus got tired of
the gag so then Snoopy grabbed an empty tissue box and charged off with it ...
requiring that we chase him lest he chew on it and swallow any cardboard ... so
now we had a game of chase running through the house with Snoopy in the lead and
the rest of us in hot pursuit ... laughing our butts off cause he's a riot when
he runs ... he's more like a bunny rabbit bouncing along.

So much for being mad.

--Dale with
Snoopy (I told you I was cute)
and Cyrus (he's LUCKY he's cute, I'm telling you .... )