[Dailydrool] Advice on Pw Penny, please

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 01:47:23 PDT 2011

Da gurlz are still drooling copiously for all of you in need - chicken helps!

This morning I was walking towards Penny and she kept barking at me.  I spoke to her and she barked even more, yelped and went haring down the steps.  She honestly did not recognize me.  I had to call DH and when she saw him she sort of snapped out of whatever trance she was in and came to him, but still ignoring me!

Last night I had to babysit (proper babysitting) and was away all evening. DH said that Penny went awol for about an hour, looking for me.

Anyone out there experienced this?  Could it be that she's "lost the plot" due to her age?  Could it be her eyesight?  (If it was her eyesight she should have recognized my voice, no?) She was on Cortancyl (cortisone) for her itching but over the past few weeks we have been phasing that out and switching to Manganese.  She is also on Candilat (to counter senility) - could it be having the opposite effect??????

Thanks for any input.

Hugs to all,

Eleri

Pw Polly - I'm fine :))))))