[Dailydrool] Miss Ellie Mae Basset at the Bridge

amzany amzany at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 12 22:44:58 PDT 2011

I don't know how many of you can remember Miss Ellie Mae Basset but we
had to help her make her way to the Rainbow Bridge this morning after
she was found to have some health problems that were beyond treatment.
My husband and I along with our grandson went with her to the Vet so
were with her when she passed.  We brought her home and found a place in
the back yard for her.  She loved to take her slow walk around the back
yard and bark with the other fur kids at strangers in the alley.  We are
going to plant a bush or tree so she'll have shade in the summer.  We
have some excellent memories of her and her Diva ways.  She was an
excellent Slave Trainer and rated up there with the best of them.
People told us she was spoiled but she just had real trained slaves.  I
feel a little guilty because I didn't cry about her passing.  Maybe
because I just have too many great memories of her or maybe it just
hasn't hit me yet that she's not here.  I've cried over dogs I've had 2
weeks and over one I lost after 15 years.  I know in my heart though how
much I loved my Dear Miss Ellie Mae Basset.  She'll love all the friends
she will have at the Rainbow Bridge.