[Dailydrool] Sister Daisy and the Dreaded Blanket Thank You-

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 15:42:35 PDT 2011

Momma here. First, we love you all, you have supported us, worried about Daisy and cared like no other, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I have a nickzillion e-mails, I will never get a chance to answer them all so here it comes-the blanket thank you--I wish I could answer everyone, but I have to admit dafeet. I keep telling Daisy that Basset Nation is behind her, and Elder Clara is watching from afar, that she has to work as hard as she can to get better. We are fighting the fight together here.
Daisy is very weak, understandably, 2 major surgeries days apart would knock me flat. She is walking some, all the plumbing is working, I have never been so happy to see a turd in my life. Her issue right now is not eating. I am having to force feed her, which she is tolerating, but the daggers coming out of her eyes tell the story there.

Our house looks like we have a infant on board, Gerber jars, baby wipes, a stack of towels, the steam cleaner and my old friend THE MOP. She makes it out the opened door for the most part, but accidents do happen, She waits too long now as she cant walk that fast.  She goes to see her Doc on Thursday, get the staples out of her neck from the cental line cut down, and the sniff over since all this was done at the ER--ever noticed if it is bad, it happens late at night??
I am so far behind on the droolz, I need a week to catch up, but Daisy is home and needs me right now, and DOg knows I must also work to pay the vet bill. Luck is with me that hubby is on nights so when he leaves for work I am back home off the road so Daisy has one of us right with her all the time.
So for now, thats the newz from the Beach, the Brudderz watch her from afar, they know that she needs time to heal. Elwood being good is a shock in itself!

Thank you one and all, and Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake