[Dailydrool] Fw: RE: need help with Ernies houndie behaviors

RAY WERTZ johannamrstreez at verizon.net
Tue Sep 13 16:41:28 PDT 2011

--- On Tue, 9/13/11, johanna <johannamrstreez at verizon.net> wrote:

From: johanna <johannamrstreez at verizon.net>
Subject: RE: need help with Ernies houndie behaviors
To: "drooladventure" <drooladventure at googlegroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 7:31 PM

Hi Droolers..

We are in the process of adopting Ernie a 1 yr old Bagel boy (basset/
beagle mix)..and we need to find a solution for his loud
barking/baying/ hunting behaviors...We believe he was born & breed
to be a hunting houndie. When he is out in our fenced in back yard
he begins making loud (almost mournful sounds)..and completely
ignores us..he won't even come for a treat..when I walk him & he
picks up a scent he's off following the scent...and refuses to move
in the direction we are walking..but will only follow the scent...the
other day I fell down trying to get him to move in the direction we
were going..I am walking him with a web harness..so I don't have to
pull on a collar..pls help!

drool to all in need,
Johanna with Susie
Lucy atb