[Dailydrool] Opie's Gotcha Day!

barbara rocheleau bjrocheleau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:52:12 PDT 2011

Five years ago today we picked Opie up at the designated transport site.  He
was called "Duke" when he arrived and immediately took to the name Opie.  He
is definately an Opie!  Ronnie Howard's Opie!  Red hair, big ears and from
the south!  He came off the transport's truck and immediately went toward my
son.  He knew why we were there!!  He came into the house and felt right at
home.  He came in, got a drink and went in the living room and started
playing with Layla's toys.  She was not too thrilled that he was here and
did not talk to us for a long time.  It took her a good year to realize that
he was staying!  I want to thank *Leslie Wallace from Looziana Basset Rescue
* for picking out the perfect boy for us!  He is the love of my life and
definately Mommy's boy!

Happy Gotcha Day to my sweet boy!  I love you!
Barbara - Momma to Layla and Opie