[Dailydrool] Hunger strike

Ross Hounds mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:03:33 PDT 2011

Got it this time! Pearl has still been picking at food and nothing too consistent other than the turkey dogs. So tonight I loaded up the rice maker with rice, using chicken broth and rice milk for the liquid, added ground chicken and crumbled a roll of liverwurst in there and let it cook to a paste. Pearl ate two helpings and still had room for the turkey dog chaser. She is taking her mess, even the dreaded tramadol, in liverwurst without complaint. The swelling in her legs is down and she is peeing a river to prove it. All that fluid needs to go somewhere...Acting more herself and obviously feeling much better I just need to get some weight back on her and start the cancer protocol. Sutures come out Monday and with lick we will be back to our routine. At least I have a recipe that works for her meals and will try to start transition back to regular food once we have some consistent meals under her belt.

Thanks for the drool everyone. It was a rough time, but even with the cancer diagnosis we are coming through and ready to move on. Pearl sends kisses to everyone!

Synthia with some unhappy boys who don't get to share the gourmet diet and Pearl who is glad I finally figured out what a princess eats

Sent from my Verizon iPhone