[Dailydrool] Help-- accidents in the house

tibbotbasset at aol.com tibbotbasset at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 20:17:15 PDT 2011

Hi, we need some help with Flash and Amelia. They both have been having accidents in the house lately. We have crates but the howl and moan when we kennel them overnight, but that seems to be the only way to not wake up to a puddle. They've both been to the vet and are healthy so it's not a medical thing. Both are rescues so we don't have ages exactly Flash is 8-9 and Amelia is 6-7.  I'm thinking it's not age related, our past bassets didn't  become incontinent at their ages.
Any help is appreciated. I hate to think about kenneling them all the night (they do enjoy their couches), but this is really taking a toll on my floors and the cabinets. Additionally, they've even had a couple of accidents during the day while people are in to room with them!
So, any ideas?? Any suggestions to get the pee smell out so it doesn't encourage them to continually go in the house?? We need help!
Karen,  Flash and Amelia in NY

Sent from my iPhone