[Dailydrool] Memorial

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 14:53:13 PDT 2011

Last  Sunday I hosted a memorial luncheon in memory of the hounds we  have
recently lost, in my case Abraham Ga-linkin.  I have  an " island flower bed
"that currently does not have any  flowers. The day  Abraham died we
purchased a crepe myrtle and Steven  planted it in this island and we named it the
Abraham Tree.  This is just a  sapling and lo and behold it bloomed which
thrilled me.  After looking at  this "island" I decided that I wanted to make
it a perennial garden and thinking  about it decided to take it one step
further.  I was thinking how could I  memorialize not only my dogs but others
as well.  After shopping in the  garden center I decided to border this
"island" with paving blocks/bricks.   I bought one, wrote Abraham's name, date
of birth/date and then I sealed  it.  Steven and I did the math and I will
probably need about 135 of these  blocks.  At the luncheon I asked everyone to
write down the dogs they  wanted to memorialize along with their date of
birth and death and the dogs name  and breed.  At this point one of my guests
made a suggestion that I sell  these blocks and donate the money to rescue.
I thought that was a great  idea so I am throwing that out to the members
of the drool.

If anyone wants to purchase a brick/block the cost is $5.00 per block
(sorry 1 pet  per block). We have 100 brick/blocks available at this  point .
What I will need from you is for you to contact me via e-mail at
_galinkinsk at aol.com_ (mailto:galinkinsk at aol.com)   with a list of  the dog (s) you
would like memorialized.  Payments can be made through
_donate at midatlanticbasset.com_ (mailto:donate at midatlanticbasset.com)   .  I
have decided to donate ALL the  proceeds to Mid-Atlantic  Basset Hound
rescue as that is where my Abraham came through. I am  purchasing the blocks out
of my pocket.   Once the garden is planted ,  blocks put in place I will
send you a photograph so you can see my vision.   This is not just limited to
dogs, any pet you would like memorialized is  welcomed.  I also have  my
basset hound chimes , my St. Francis Statue  and a life size Basset statue in
this "island".  If you have any questions,  please do not hesitate to contact
me...

Thank you,

Shelley Galinkin with Abraham Ga-linkin, Polly Esther and Violet Rose  (ATB)