[Dailydrool] Happy weekend!

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:45:59 PDT 2011

I LOVE the "Life of a Puppy" poem. It fits Quincy all right. I never know
he'll bring to bed. I've found stray underwear, socks, his bone, papers, his
teddy bear. I guess it's whatever he's in the mood for. But it's the same
routine every night. I get up from my living room/TV nap, go to bed, in
about 2 minutes I hear the little clickety-click of toenails on the wood
floor, up the steps, and he climbs up his little "ladder of sorts" & peeks
at me from the end of the bed. I say, "C'mon darlin'" and he hops up, walks
up to me, I give him smoochies & hugs, he does a couple of circles, then
curls up with some part of himself touching me. It's better than a warm
glass of milk!

I posted that other sad story on my Facebook too. It made me cry, especially
when I think about how true it is. The holiday season is approaching & so
many people think a puppy is a great gift, without giving it any
forethought. It's so sad!

@Debbie & Miss Daisy - Hooray!!!!!!! I guess Miss Daisy has found her
"special purpose" ("The Jerk" with Steve Martin) and that would be to have
mommy & daddy be her own personal food slave! I am so happy that she's doing
so well. She's a tough little old girl and I know her mama is greatly
relieved (and so is Elder Clara & the boys).

Drool to everyone with sick babies or the loss of a loved one. I would like
to ask for some drool & prayers for a very good friend of mine (an
ex-marine) who was just diagnosed with Stage 4 glioblastomy (about the worst
kind of brain tumor & malignant). At this point, I'm not sure what the
prognosis is, but I've heard it's pretty grim. He & his wife are the
sweetest people & have done so much for people. Please keep them in your
prayers (his name is Pat & hers is Carol).

Everyone have a safe & fun weekend. It's beautiful here in Kansas City, so
the hounds & I will be having some outdoor adventures.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."