[Dailydrool] Pacific Waddle Wrap Up

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 09:58:39 PDT 2011

Our hearts are HUGE - and that's not a medical condition.

Despite many challenges this year as far as rescue crisis, economy and
various other challenges, I want to extend my sincerest thanks to Sandi
Wittenberg, Dan Hickey, Suzi Carragher, Marin Roberts, The Kuwahara's;  Blueprint
Printing Services in Bakersfield, Jim & Sherrie  Strachan and the Adventure
Group, The Daily Drool and the Causes members  for making the Pacific Waddle
a success!

Our Cyber-Waddle brought in 44 Cyber Waddle signs - all of which made the
crew working on the waddle signs cry as we put them together.  The
laminated signs carried features such as a rainbow bridge emblem, facebook  emblem
as well as adventure group emblem, and so many faces from around the  country
were represented.  Attendee's at the Pacific Waddle inquired  repeatedly as
to what the signs were for, and each cried when they realized the  support
and love extended to Daphneyland furkids by this wonderful  concept.

Our attendance at the event was lower than normal, and is attributed to the
 economy as well as the length of this years waddle (1 mile), parking and
traffic  issues.  We all had a great time however, and Best Friends had a
huge  turnout of photography and press.  Needless to say the hounds got more
than  their share and photo's of the Cyber Waddlers as well as the hounds in
attendance will be forthcoming - watch the _www.facebook.com/Daphneyland_
(http://www.facebook.com/Daphneyland)   pages to catch these photos as they
are uploaded!!

The Daphneyland Hounds were kept busy for this event by Stephanie Hammett,
Jim Smith, Tiare Empey & John Campbell so that is was possible for us to
attend the event!

It's not to late to get your Daphneyland Pacific Waddle Zipper pull - a
donation of $100.00 will get you one of the limited edition zipper pulls while
 they last - donations can be made on our website or thru the above
facebook  link.

Thank you one and all - Mark your calendars for the Basset Hound Picnic -
October 23, 2011 in Arcadia Park!  Raffle items are needed as BaRNI is once
again hosting the raffle!

Bellyrubs go out across the nation.
Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland