[Dailydrool] Dailydrool Digest, Basset Killing Pup

Rkbeard at aol.com Rkbeard at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 09:50:38 PDT 2011

Sorry, but in my opinion, the  Basset who killed the pup should  be spayed
immediately and placed in a single dog home.  She should never be
bred--especially since you do not know why the eye was removed.
Glaucoma can be hereditary--and this is one of the main reasons eyes are
removed.  Also, breeding her would certainly not guarantee that she would
become maternal.  If could have just the opposite effect.  I  personally would
never breed a bitch with this kind of history.

Kathryn Beard