[Dailydrool] I agree with Bev & Maggies Allergies

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 08:14:47 PDT 2011

I totally agree with Bev. we had a similar situation with our  miniature
Dachshund, our oldest black & tan bitch had a little of 7  puppies and we had
another red mini female, well she loved the pups, she would  whine and
nuzzle and actually try to nurse them, but  then she  would shake them, ( they
were not her pups )  she also had false labor  twice and she would shake her
stuffed toy puppies until she ripped them apart  our vet said NOT to breed
her she would NOT make for a good mother.  so we  had her spade,  she had one
more false labor but was fine after that and  she never destroyed another
stuffed toy either.we had our other female spade  also, after two litters,
that was enough for me,  I never ever want to  breed dogs again!  I admire and
respect those of you who do, but no thanks  ! I was never so exhausted in my
life as I was when I had puppies running all  over the house ! If I want
puppies I want ONE  no

As you all know, my Maggie Wags has EXTREME allergies and has in fact been
on desensitizing shots for 4 years, well, this year has been the worse on
record  for allergies, we have mold ,fungi , and thousands of mushrooms every
where in  our yard and we have two walnut trees that are loaded with nuts
that the  squirrels are having a feast on.
any ways Maggie is having an extreme flare up and has been a mess for the
last month, so back to the vet again yesterday and I finally gave in and got
her  a cortisone shot and oral preds 5mg to get this flare up under
control. he said  he could send me to a dermatologist, but they couldn't do much
more for Maggie  except charge a lot more. My choice was having her be
miserable  and  scratching like crazy or wetting in the house from the preds.  I
want her  to be comfortable so my choice  was peeing in the house !!!!
Woo Hoo !  I don't even have allergies and my eyes have been itching  and
my nose is running, so I know how miserable she is.I have to bathe her twice
a week and use a Conditioner on her and I am using Gold Bond cream on the
lesions . Where in the Sam Hell is the SNOW ???????? or least a good  hard
killing frost !

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil  Annie