[Dailydrool] Harry update.....keep the drool coming!!!!

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 18:07:24 PDT 2011

OK.  So Harry tested positive for Lyme Disease.  We are starting doxicycline and prednisone tomorrow.  We are hoping hoping hoping that this is the source of the trouble.  We will be going back weekly for bloodwork to see if his counts improve.  If so, it is a safe bet he will be OK.  Well, as OK as any doggie could be with Lyme.  BUT, the vet is not 100% convinced that this is the whole picture.  He is still worried that he has either an autoimmune disease or leukemia and the Lyme just “woke it up”.  All I can say is I pray that it is just Lyme.  So if you could all keep slinging whatever drool you can spare we would certainly appreciate it.  If it is either one of the other two options, the outlook is much different.

SO if anyone else out there has had a doggie with Lyme Disease, I would really love to hear from you.  Any information I could get first hand would be wonderful.

I will keep you all posted weekly as we move through this process.  Thanks again to my Drool family.  So nice to be able to put it all down and send it all out to people who truely understand.

Laura and Harry Moravinski