[Dailydrool] Marley the flea factory

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 18:58:05 PDT 2011

Marley is our itchy, grumpy girl.  We have been to the vet.  We have bathed,
medicated, and Frontlined this little darling.  We are trying to fight
allergies and fleas.  Why is it that I saw maybe two fleas all summer until
I put Fronline on all of them?  Now every time I look closely, I see another
of the %#$@ things.  Even the cats have one or two and I Frontlined them
too.  And they got baths.  I didn't know a cat could climb straight up glass
but I have one that can.  Picasso hates the water.  I am so aggravated I
can't see straight.  It has been two weeks since the vet and new flea
preventive application.  I know it is too soon to do more and I will go
broke if we have to do this twice a month.  I just want the little buggers
gone.  I hate insecty things.

On another note.  These guys are always mistaken for beagles.  I don't see
how anyone looking at Maggie could think she is anything but a moose or a
basset.  She looks like a bulldozer.  And a boy.  Marley is our beagley
basset.  She is a purebred according to the previous owners.  She is part
beagle.  There is no doubt.  She has that shrill beagle bark.  She is more
petite than the others. When they all go out the only bark I can always
discern is hers.  It is much higher, more shrill, than the others.  She has
to have some beagle in there somewhere.  She is also part troll.  She
decided not to sleep under our bed last night.  She went and got into Nic's
and fell asleep.  When he went to bed, he covered her up and climbed in with
her.  Marley snuggled with him te rest of the night.  Then she broke his
door trying to get out.  He must be deaf not to have heard her headbutting
the door.  He is a pip.  So is she.  They are my pips.

Drool and snooters from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelbyand the mom(who does
not drool)