[Dailydrool] Dog Parks

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 20:17:35 PDT 2011

I live in Cary, NC and we have a dog park. Here is a website that gives a
description of the park, rules and fee schedule:
http://www.townofcary.org/Departments/Parks__Recreation___Cultural_Resources/Parks_and_Greenways/Parks/Cary_Dog_Park_at_Godbold_Park.htm
Yes,
we do have to pay an annual fee to use the park. Personally, I don't mind.
You have to provide proof that your dogs are up to date with their shots so
you know that everyone with a dog at the park is living with the same
standards. Most people are very considerate and remove their dog if it's not
behaving. Three of the four Houndettes love the park. Ginger has gotten to
the point that she snarks at any dog that sniffs at her so we don't even try
to take her anymore. Dawn Gardner submitted some great words of wisdom to
the Drool a while ago about whether your dog is really enjoying the park or
not and Ginger was clearly showing that she doesn't enjoy it and is too
stressed when she's there. This dog park and the one that we've gone to in
Raleigh (that one is free) both have a secondary area set aside for small
dogs.

The Houndettes are slinging drool laced with prayers from me to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger
with foster bup, Tybee