[Dailydrool] Dog Parks

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 20:37:25 PDT 2011

We took the Troll and the Jester, Marley and Maggie, to the dog park the
other day.  We have a small park that does not segregate according to size.
Anyway, Marley spent the whole time at the gate like she was waiting or
someone and Maggie spent the whole time by us like she was afraid we were
going to leave her.  We decided to leave when a big snarly shepard came in
just snapping and growling for all he was worth.  He ran right up to me and
wanted to be petted.  then we started walking to the gate and he ran right
into our dogs who were on their leashes.  He got stuck on Marley sort of.
Scared both of them.  Marley wrinkled up that face and told him off.  She
let him know what she thought of being landed on.  He got off and slunk
away.  It would have been funny if I hadn't been so scared she would get
ripped up.  Maggie just smiled and kept walking.  Ninja stayed home and
howled.

Shelby is such a funny girl.  I know I say that a lot but she is.  The other
day she went out into the back yard and wandered up to a tree.  She wanders
a lot.  She put her head up against the trunk and just stood there like she
was loving the tree.  She stood there for so long that Daniel thought she
had died and had to go out and get her.  She was just comuning with nature.
It has been so cool and nice that she actually likes going outside and
staying there.  Tonight she got out by the garden fence and was bellowing to
all and sundry.  She just kept bellowing so finally Dan went to see if
something was wrong.  Pretty soon he came in with an armload of Shelby.  He
thought she was lost and couldn't find the back door.  She does get lost at
times.  It is funny to watch him with her.  Dan is the son who dislikes all
hair.  He goes on about the hair but is always patting , massaging and
touching them in some way when he thinks none is watching.  Shelby certainly
didn't mind that he decided to carry her in.  She had a smile on her face.

Drool to all in need from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby and hairballs
from the wild kitty boys