[Dailydrool] if your dog is lost

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 18:50:33 PDT 2011

I had the same experience.  We had a German Shorthair  Pointer, that got
away, and followed his nose.  It was hunting season, and  someone must have
picked him up for hunting, while he was running.  The  thing was, when they
opened the door, he took off again.  He ended up about  50 miles from home.
I called and called all over, and then we started going to the  shelters
instead of calling anymore, after one woman said Yes, he is here, at  this
shelter.
We got there, and it was a German Shepherd, and she said well  he has
shorthair!!  You have to go to all the shelters instead of calling,  check it out
yourself for sure.  We did find him, on one of our runs going  to shelters,
full of scrapes and scratches, full of woodticks, and smelled like  a barn.
 After a check at the vet, I think he slept for a week
straight..........Barbie and her furbabies...............

In a message dated 9/25/2011 9:16:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,