[Dailydrool] Knowing breeds/lost dogs

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:12:10 PDT 2011

I get this too! Basil is almost all black, with a bit of tan on his
ears and face, and a white patch on his chest (which you can't see
unless you lay on the ground under him, he's so short!)

I don't mind people calling him a dachshund, but I do correct them,
mainly because I get a lot of, "where can I get a big dachshund like
that?" I'm certain there are "breeders" out there who are breeding
oversized doxies, just like you can find "miniature bassets" if you
look online. I'd rather correct these people and maybe prevent someone
from going to a backyard breeder or puppymill promising big doxies.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB (and Rebel the foster)