[Dailydrool] how many calories are in a treat

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 03:45:36 PDT 2012

All three hounds had check-ups saturday. The vet found the girls in need of shedding- a couple of pounds- not fur!
They are getting veggie mush now to replace some kibble and this had me searching to find calorie counts for some of the treats they get.
I found this website helpful:
http://www.millcreekac.com/home/CareTips/CalorieCountsforCommonTreatsforDogs/tabid/104/Default.aspx

On another note- Peanut had a severe allergic reaction believed to be due to her Distemper combo shot ( about 7 hours after the shot). Thankfully I had Benedryl on hand and gave it as soon as I noticed her lips swelling. I always have Benedryl here as I have a son with some bug bite allergies- but if you do not have this in your cabinet - get some! Without immediate meds for Peanut I might be writing a whole different note to you today. If you think it might be an allergic reaction ( intense itching, swelling and wheezing are signs) give Benedryl first- then call vet or your basset buddies network! Walmart has their equivalent for $4 for a 100 count bottle.
The vet was impressed with how Elvis is doing (new doc we switched clinics) and when asking about his medical history laughed and asked if there is anything he did not have... I told him I didn't think so- but if there was something he knew about to please not tell Elvis as he might just want to try and see what else he can live through.
droolies, Angelika