[Dailydrool] Fostering

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:06:14 PDT 2012

As a foster home that has failed fostering each year, I have made an
observation.  It might not seem like much of a change when you sign
the paperwork transforming your foster to your dog.  In the dogworld,
there is a change. I noticed it each time we failed fostering.  No
longer will the other dogs be on their best behavior with the foster.
The foster is no longer a guest in their home but a member of the
pack.

Another observation that I have made with fostering - we get to "test
drive" potential dogs.  I thought I wanted another basset puppy so I
fostered one.  Within 48 hours, I knew that it would be too much for
me to have a puppy and continue fostering.  We found a fabulous home
to adopt the puppy (Hi Browyn!).

Congrats on failing fostering with LuLu.  It happens.  We failed with
our third foster.

Jan
Lady & Dexter (foster failure 2011)
Scooby ATB (foster failure 2007)
Grace ATB (foster failure 2008)
basset nephew Boomer (foster failure 2009)
basset nephew Jefferson (foster failure 2010)