[Dailydrool] Thank you

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 05:06:35 PDT 2012

Our family, including the short-legs, wish to thank all of you for the
tremendous and very kind condolences and words of support and encoragement
you have sent regarding the passing of Cooper, my beloved non-short-legger.
He would be embarrassed by the fuss.  (But secretly flattered.)
I cannot possibly thank all of you one at a time, altho I will try. He was
a special dog as are each and every one of the dogs-- Bassets and
otherwise-- that we as a group enjoy in our lives.
Cooper gave more than he took, except of course, he took my heart with him.
With every puppy, every senior, every hound and canine and cat we bring
into our lives we all know that sooner rather than later we will pay dearly
for handing our hearts to them, carte blanche. It is part of the package.
And a tough package it is.
Conley slept with me last night. Apparently he has been assigned the task
of keeping us on our toes and out of the doldrums.
Please, all of you, accept our sincerest thanks and give your furry kids a
hug and a treat from Cooper.
There will be another Belgian some day for the Bassets to raise and teach:
counter cruising is not something a Belgian would be unable to master....
Hugs and Drool to all of you wonderful people and your wonderful
hounds.'The DDrool is truly a community with soul.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis and Conley

& Cooper--somewhere, ignoring sheep.