[Dailydrool] Rimadyl 100 mg

Linda Shank LAShank at satx.rr.com
Mon Apr 9 08:28:14 PDT 2012

My female half of the basset team, Rubato, started suddenly not
putting weight on her right rear leg and clearly in pain.  She has
been taking glucosamine tabs
for a long time but they apparently didn't help with this.  Took her
to the vet for a very thorough exam and despite much manipulation of
the joints in that hip/leg
she showed no discomfort at all.  Weird.  So we concluded it was not
a pulled muscle, sprain, or whatever, but rather the hip joint
itself.  Vet prescribed Tramadol
for pain twice a day and to watch her.  Well I watched her get worse,
crying in pain and hobbling on three legs.  Back to vet.  Xrays
revealed very minor thickening of hip joint.  He prescribed Rimadyl
tabs (100 mg) in her morning kibble.  Miracle !!  Within two days she
was barely limping at all and now she is crashing around the yard and
conducting the usual mock dog wars with her brother Allegro.  She is
a bit stiff in the morning but other than that is her  old cheerful
wonderful self.
For those of you with arthritic or bone problem bassets  THIS IS YOUR
DRUG.  Not only did it ameliorate the problem, but it prevented undue
damage/wear and
tear on her "good" left hip.  Hope you all had a happy Easter.  We
ate turkey ham tacos.  Linda