[Dailydrool] A hound needs advice (somewhat gross)

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 08:04:30 PDT 2012

This weekend was terrrrible. Friday night, the mama put me in bed, and all of a sudden my tummy felt pretty urry-urpy. I tried hard, but well, when it wants to come out, there's just no option. Mom was pretty nice about it, since it was just a little bit. She cleaned up, but I ended up sleeping in the living room, with her on the couch to keep an eye on me.

Oh, the next morning, my tummy was doing a dance! Mom tried to give me breakfast, but I knew it would no way stay down, so I refused. I must've thrown up at least six or eight times that day. Even when mom offered me boiled chickie, later in the day, I turned it down.

At one point, when mom had stopped counting how often she'd cleaned up after me, and dad had even cleaned up a few, I threw up what she thought was the problem--a poop (probably cat, but what human can tell? And I'm not saying). When I ate it, mom had tried to stop me and ended up with some in her hand, but I still got a chunk.  It looked kinda freeze dried, mom says, but it was still a prize worth having--at least, that's what I thought when I kept her from getting it all on Thursday (or was it Wednesday?).

Saturday evening Mom thought the problem was over--that's why I got dinner. But I had a few more in me, especially a massive one that must have been a result of my meal.  Finally, though, it seemed to get better, partly  'cause Aunt Dana told mom to give me some Pepcid. But I woke up Sunday and just wanted to go back to bed again. I was wiped. The humans went out to church (they do that most Sundays) and left me to sleep. Then they came back. I was 'specting some good foodies, but they just took us out, hung out for a while, and LEFT! The nerve of them.

I gotta admit, I still wasn't feeling too good. But it was a holiday. Good eats. nice walkies. Those were what I 'spected. Instead, I stayed at home with my harem (Jane and Holly) and got nothing. When they came back, I could smell all kinds of tasty food on them. But did they bring a doggie bag? No. Then they only gave us our regular dinner.

OK, I wasn't feeling all that hot, but they could have done something. A little of that chickie broth mom made for me on Saturday--it tasted really good, even if it didn't stay down real well.

My holiday was a bust, and here they are talking about adopting me! Is this the best I can expect? Should I refuse to accept this home? Help me, Droolers. I can't believe the humans wouldn't give me so much as a treat.

By the way, I'm feelin' fine today. But mom still hasn't shown any sign of giving out the treats. Am I abused or what?
Dexter, AKA C. Dexter Haven, the unloved Dashing Basset