[Dailydrool] What do I do????

Laura Moravinski lou.mo at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 18:01:02 PDT 2012

So there I was....driving home from an appointment with my daughter....and there it was....Diane’s....a local pet supply store that features animals that it pulls from kill shelters down south.  So it hits me, let’s stop!  I don’t know why.  So in we go.....look at the cute puppy...awww....look at the sweet kittens....awww....and then, there he was.  Oscar.  Our eyes meet.  His tail starts to wag hesitant and hopeful.  I move towards him.  He lays his head ever so slowly on the fence that seperates us.  I reach in and stroke his chocolate brown fur.  I look up and read about his life.  A loved pup of a soldier that was sent overseas and never came home.  My heart aches.  The store clerk tells me they call him the gentle giant.  My heart aches some more.  Is this him?  Is this the one that Harry has sent to me?  I leave, go back, and leave again.  This time I drive home.
The face that looked up at me was NOT a Basset Hound.  It was the face of a mutt....an America Bulldog/Lab mix.  Does it matter?  Of course not.  I am so drawn to him.  I have a thousand excuses why it’s not right.  We still have the bills Harry left behind.....we are moving soon.....we have vacation in June.  But those eyes.  They call to me.

What do I do??????

Laura and Harry ATB and still, forever in my heart