[Dailydrool] What do I do????

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 19:53:00 PDT 2012

I say go for it! Sometimes a special dog comes in a form other then basset. There will always be a ton of excuse but a special dog comes only once. Go pick him up and enjoy!

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)
and now Rambo

________________________________

there it was....Diane’s....a local pet supply store that features animals that
it pulls from kill shelters down south.  So it hits me, let’s stop!  I
don’t know why.  So in we go.....look at the cute puppy...awww....look at
the sweet kittens....awww....and then, there he was.  Oscar.  Our eyes
meet.  His tail starts to wag hesitant and hopeful.  I move towards
him.  He lays his head ever so slowly on the fence that seperates us.
I reach in and stroke his chocolate brown fur.  I look up and read about
his life.  A loved pup of a soldier that was sent overseas and never came
home.  My heart aches.  The store clerk tells me they call him the
gentle giant.  My heart aches some more.  Is this him?  Is this
the one that Harry has sent to me?  I leave, go back, and leave
again.  This time I drive home.
The face that looked up at me was NOT a Basset Hound.  It was the face
of a mutt....an America Bulldog/Lab mix.  Does it matter?  Of course
not.  I am so drawn to him.  I have a thousand excuses why it’s not
right.  We still have the bills Harry left behind.....we are moving
soon.....we have vacation in June.  But those eyes.  They call to
me.

What do I do??????