[Dailydrool] Miss Angela on storms

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Sun Apr 15 12:39:53 PDT 2012

Bill here,press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and  Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

It looks like we dodged the bullet again.  After almost a week
of dire predictions for Saturday, the forecast storms really did
materialize.  As you probably saw or read, there were big
twisters from Oklahoma and Kansas on up north.  Miss Angela
would like to repawt that she was brave and fearless.

The closest tornado ripped up a patch about six miles to the
south of us and we got collateral wind, hail and rain for an
hour or two last night.  The weather coverage on TV was soooo
extensive that it seems like no one could have been caught
unaware.  Angie and I were sprawled on the big couch for the
entire evening, glued to the TV.  She slept through most of it
while I kept watch, having a scotch or four.  The lights flickered
a little but never went out here though they are still out a mile
away.  Some nearby streets were flooded and a few limbs
are down but nothing serious in the neighborhood.  Miss Angela
took up her usual spot when it got really noisy, cuddling up next
to me to reassure and protect me.  When the pea sized hail
stopped and the wind died down, she went back to sleep and
snored gently (like a very feminine chainsaw).  The only hitch
came when it was time for her last trip outside.  I could not
persuade her to go out, though I haven't found any damp
spots or little nuggets in the house.  Another storm came
through during the night but, if she was nervous or afraid, she
didn't wake me.

We certainly hope all the droolers stayed safe and dry and
send drool to all in need.

Bill (At least I remembered to put the car in the garage)
Angela (Can't we do something about those ghastly sirens?)